September 19 – Technology Coordinators Support Network and Technology Coaches
The first Technology Coordinators Support Network and Technology Coaches meeting will be held September 19th in Ottumwa Room 21C (9:30am-3:00pm). Agenda will be forthcoming to current members of these networks. New Technology Coordinators/Network Administrators should contact Dr. Sally Lindgren (firstname.lastname@example.org). New Technology Coaches, or individuals that have a coaching role to support the use of technology for teaching and learning are invited to participate in the Tech Coaches support network. Contact Seth Denney (email@example.com) or Lisa Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
GPAEA Sunsets Eduvision Portal
GPAEA will no longer be supporting a shared Eduvision video portal. GPAEA will sunset the video portal on October 30, 2017, which means it will no longer be accessible from the GPAEA Web Site. In order to keep the videos that have been uploaded by you or members of your district, the videos will need to be downloaded (unless you kept a copy, of course!) before the sunset date or if your district would like to pursue your own Portal, we have been working with Eduvision to offer a transition plan for those GPAEA school districts that would like to retain their videos and have a portal of their own for an annual price of $997. Eduvision will also move your content that is currently in the GPAEA Eduvision video portal for you.
Eduvision assures that a district portal will be:
- Safe, Secure & Managed – Content is safe with the ability to password protect, make videos private… and more.
- Enterprise ready – Unlimited channels, channel managers, live events, and users.
- No Advertisements – Never any ads.
- No Questionable Content – Never any questionable content displayed with your videos. Your content, image, and brand are never compromised.
- In-Video Interaction – Quickly add polls/questions and gather feedback RIGHT FROM YOUR VIDEO
- Committed to Compliance – Enabling Schools to be Quickly WCAG Compliant for live streaming and on-demand video delivery through automatic Closed Captions.
- Affordable Annual Subscription – We can create an offering to meet any budget.
So, the only action you need to take is to download your videos before the sunset date or contact JDL about moving them to a portal of your own.
To learn more please visit: www.jdlhorizons.com
Links to register for this year’s Iowa Science Standards Professional Development Offerings are now available for most sessions! For those with new teachers, or ones who haven’t had Modules 1 & 2 training- please note that some of these sessions start Sept 1!
We will be offering “Supporting Iowa Science Standards for Administrators and Instructional Coaches with Modules 1 & 2” again this year. Module 3 support for Administrators and Coaches will be offered in 2018.
Here is the Google doc that contains all available sessions with links to register. There is also a link to the statewide spreadsheet listing Science Standards PD in other AEAs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rLWkJaw-SlO82HVVJ68NJ0qmNmas3kN4ifvL0SjwDvo/edit