Click on a link below or scroll down to begin reading.
- Area Superintendents Campaign for State Support
- Substitute Authorization Courses in Albia & Burlington beginning in February
- Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) Training for Educators – Multiple Dates & Locations
- Professional Development Opportunities from GPAEA – Spring/Summer 2019
- Register today for supporting students’ complete mental health in a multi-tiered framework with Dr. Shannon Suldo – June 6 & 7
- Clearinghouse for Work-Based Learning to Launch in July
- Iowa Deafblind Summer Symposium – June 6 & 7
- 2019 Great Prairie Regional Counselor Conference – February 14
Also, check out this great article featuring the accomplishments of GPAEA’s own Laura Williams: UI develops leaders who inspire innovation in Iowa’s K-12 schools at https://now.uiowa.edu/2019/01/university-iowas-influence-iowas-k-12-classrooms?fbclid=IwAR0hF_wYMWL-_k1yzCjD9GKg3OZ9X3VRdtLnKe0Trmwv2rkplI-EKeZwOSo
Iowa Leadership Academy
The Iowa School Leadership Academy will give school leadership teams in-depth strategies and guidance from McREL’s research- and evidence-based knowledge sets of Balanced Leadership, What Matters Most, and Curiosity Works.
School districts are encouraged to consider bringing a team(s) of 3-6 leaders who can learn and work collaboratively around the presented course content and be willing to engage in this work within their respective districts. Cost is $400 per person. The first 200 members of SAI who register will receive a $50 discount on registration. This course meets the requirements for Evaluator Approval II. Please be sure to sign up for this certification during the registration process.
Learn more at http://www.iowaaea.org/about/iowa-leadership-academy/