DE Releases Updated Guidance on Four Plus Programming
The Department of Education released updated guidance on Four Plus Programming, effective August 2017. The new guidance is consistent with the U.D. Department of Education and Iowa DE IDEA guidance. It stresses the intent of 4+ programming to address the unmet needs of students for the provision of FAPE. The updated guidance is posted on the DE website at the following location: https://www.educateiowa.gov/documents/special-education/2017/02/guidance-4-services.
There is also a recorded webinar on this topic for you to view: https://educateiowa.eduvision.tv/directplayer.aspx?q=CT1wecDsedAQ8ma4gS%252br9J9jQS%252fNr2VINaiWSxCAz053yQYbCZBxq4DAp4YzJcpU. Please contact your Regional Director if you have questions.
- March 6 & April 6 – Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training – OTTUMWA
- March 7 & April 19 – Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training – BURLINGTON
- March 9 – Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) – OTTUMWA
- March 17 – Teaching Students with Dyslexia and Dysgraphia – BURLINGTON
- March 28 & April 11 – Teaching Students with Dyslexia and Dysgraphia – OTTUMWA
Save the Date – Summer Institute